Bill Cosby Heads to Trial Again

Comedian Bill Cosby heads to trial yet again this week after resurfaced that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl back in the mid-1970s.

The New York Post reports that jury selection for the civil case is likely to begin Tuesday at the Los Angeles Superior Court and could take up to a week to complete.

But the 85-year-old, legally blind, veteran comedian won’t be present for the court proceedings, a spokesman said.

Opening arguments for the case are expected to begin June 1, with the trial expected to last seven days.

Cosby’s legal battle comes nearly a year after he was freed from prison after a Pennsylvania court overturned his sexual assault conviction for drugging and molesting Andrea Constand in 2004.

But now Cosby stands accused of sexually assaulting Judy Huth at the Playboy mansion in 1975 when she was 16 or 17 years old. But Huth says the incident took place in 1974. Cosby’ legal team has tried to get the case dismissed after she revised the timelines of her revised. However, they failed to do so.

Last week, Judge David Karlan ruled that Cosby’s attorney, Jennifer Bonjean, could deposit Huth, and her friend, Donna Samuelson.

“This is a trial by assassination of Mr. Cosby’s legacy and livelihood,” Cosby spokesman, Andrew Wyatt, said. Wyatt added that the trials are not true and that Cosby will be “vindicated” at.

The trial comes amidst a series of delays that stretch back to 2014. Initially, Huth claims she and Samuelson met the comedian while he was filming a movie at Lacy Park in LA The women, who were both minors at the time, said that Cosby had asked them how old they were during an initial meeting. A few days later Cosby invited them to the mansion, where he advised them to pretend to be 19 if asked about their age.

According to Huth’s original complaint, she claims Cosby molested her at the mansion by “putting his hand down her pants, and then taking her hand in his hand and performing a sex act on himself without consent.”

Last week, Cosby’s attorney Bonjean said, “we deny, obviously, that Mr. Cosby did anything at the Playboy mansion that would constitute a sexual battery.”

One of Huth’s attorneys, John West, argued that his client’s claims still fall well within California’s statute of limitations of a law that allows victims to “look back” and sue over decades-old juvenile sex assaults.

The judge presiding over the case has ordered Playboy Enterprises to provide a list of any employees from the mid-1970s who could testify about how employees maintained visitor logs during those years.

© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.