As CHSAA officials continued to monitor the weather, the cold front moved in earlier than expected. Therefore, today’s track and field state championships has been postponed due to the weather conditions and in the interest of the athletes’ safety.
As we look to formulate a plan for how to complete the remaining championship events, CHSAA weather officials will continue to monitor the weather and search for the best possible solution. Based on the weather forecast, the CHSAA is exploring options for resuming state championships competition midday on Saturday once the weather subsides and Jeffco Stadium officials can get the surfaces cleared, and then finishing the meet on Sunday. If the competition surfaces remain unplayable on Saturday, the meet will be pushed to Sunday and Monday.
As we continue to get updates from our weather service, we will provide further updates. Please check CHSAANow.com and CHSAA’s social media platforms for further updates.
Any decision regarding the status of the meet on Saturday, May 21, will be communicated as soon as possible.